Other Groups Named AD HOC
- Ad Hoc is a chamber choir of around twenty-five singers, mostly staff, postgraduate students and alumni of the University of Exeter. We were formed in September 2009 as a means for a group of friends to sing together, and our aim is simple: to put on concerts of great music to raise money for great causes!
- A French group: Ad Hoc came together specifically to sing in one concert in Christmas 2009 as guests of the Cantarella choir of Cussac in the Limousin. We needed a name for the programme and chose Ad Hoc, a Latin term used by English speakers which can mean an organisation formed for a one-off specific purpose.
- Ad Hoc HIV-Positive Chorus to Perform [Sunday, July 8] at Festival 2012. An ad-hoc group of HIV-positive singers will perform Roger Bourland and John Hall's "Give us a Death Undiminished" from their monumental composition Hidden Legacies.
- Marin Ad Hoc A Capella Singers: Weekly singing of simple (and increasingly sophisticated) 3- and 4-part harmonies.
- A Swiss group: Grüezi und Willkommen bei den Ad Hoc Singers Benken.
- Columbia Chorale (located in Columbia Missouri) was founded in June 1978 as the Ad Hoc Singers by Christine Leonard Cox. In September 1979, the organization split into two choral groups: the "Chorale Ensemble" of approximately 30 singers, and the "Ad Hoc Singers", about 15 in number. In September 1981, the name of the organization official changed to Columbia Chorale Ensembles, Inc.
- EnsAmble Ad-Hoc (Bogotá, Colombia) specializes in the performance of pre-classical repertoires, with special attention to Italian and Spanish music of the Renaissance and Baroque periods. [Recital photos, December 2, 2011]
- From Calgary, Alberta: The Ad Hoc Band consists of a diverse group of talented singers & musicians, whose goal is to raise awareness for people and organizations in need.
- A Canadian in Africa?: Jocelyn Pritchard is an active pianist, choir conductor and teacher. .... At present she conducts the Ad Hoc Singers, and is Past President of The Townships Project, a micro-finance activity in South Africa.
- Some Ad Hoc Singers on this flickr page (Jan 2007).
- The Ad Hoc Singers of St. Lawrence University (Canton, NY) will be singing several noon recital programs:
- Music of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur featuring music of Bloch and Berlinski on Sept 25, 2009.
- Music for Christmas featuring music of Pierre Villette and Charles Tournemire on Dec 11, 2009.
- Celebrating Black History Month with unfamiliar and familiar spirituals sung and played on Feb 19, 2010.
- Celebrating Spring with Jazz featuring the Gunnison Memorial Chapel Organ on April 23, 2010. [Jazz in the Chapel]
- They also sang a lunchtime concert Dec 12, 2008, with video clips online of Personent Hodie and I Sing Of A Maiden.
- And they sang at a Pipe organ concert, 8 pm, Saturday, Feb. 7, 2009.
- Mystic, Connecticut's Old Mystic Village Village Events Festival of Lights on 4:30 pm Friday, Dec 11, [2009?] will have Ad Hoc Singers.
- Ad Hoc Singers at a recital of choral and guitar pieces Oct 10, 1999 at the Katonah, NY Village Library.
- A potential group of protest singers in Cambridge, MA (April 2004).
- The Unitarian Universalist Church of Nashua, NH had an "Ad Hoc Pick Up Choir" for the 6:00pm Christmas-Eve
2006 Candlelight service. (A guess at the permanent link after Dec 2006)
- Emory University's student musical theater group: Ad Hoc Productions (a review of a revue).
- The Ad Hoc Singers, conducted by Christy Leonard, at the 1st Presbyterian Church, Columbia, MO 1979 on KOPN/KBIA.
- Parkway Presbyterian Church of Corpus Christi, Texas musters their Ad Hoc Singers in their Nov 20, 2003
End of the Year Review [PDF] for caroling Dec 6 at Trinity Towers;
as they did in their Nov 14, 2002 Newsletter for caroling Dec 14 (3 short rehearsals).
- A group at Siena Heights University in Adrian, Michigan. December 2000
- The blog of the 1970s-80s Salt Lake City, Utah Ad Hoc Singers.
- Sheryl's Ad Hoc Singers sang at the 10th Annual Domestic Violence Candlelight Vigil 4:15-4:45 PM Oct 4, 2007 at the Washington County Courthouse in Hillsboro, OR.
- A Canadian early-music ensemble.
- McGill University has ad-hoc Christmas carollers, reported in November 2002.
- A mention of the Images Ad Hoc Singers (of Vancouver?)
- A page about Canadian author Caroline Hendrika Woodward has another mention of the Images Ad Hoc Singers in Nelson, BC.
- 7:30pm May 28, 2004 the University Women's Club of Vancouver presented a Soirée of French music with The Hycroft Singers and The Ad Hoc singers.
- Perhaps these folks in Crediton, UK (near Exeter) should be our sister chorus?
"They sing unaccompanied, close harmony, church music, madrigals, and any other pieces they enjoy."
- Their 25th reunion (no date on the page, but guessing July 2003)
- A Flower-festival concert, Sept? 28/29, 2002?
- Another Crediton concert, 7:30 pm, Saturday Nov 8th, 2003
- And from the Crediton Parish Church, another concert mention, this one marking the 50th anniversary of the coronation of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II (June 2, 1953/2003).
- Another Crediton concert reference. (These guys get a lot of press!)
- And another, Son et Lumiere Sept 9, 2004.
- And a Christmas Concert, 7:30pm Thursday Dec 8, 2005 in The Cheriton Fitzpaine Methodist Church.
- Ad Hoc Singers at the Sykes Lodge of Freemasons 19th annual carol service, held at Nafferton Church in Driffield (20 Dec 2006).
- Light Music, 3:00pm Sunday, Sept 24  at The Orangery, Sewerby Hall, Bridlington.
- A Driffield-based group, The Ad Hoc Singers, performed in the Sewerby Hall and Gardens Orangery Concert Series on Sunday, 7 Sept  in the East Riding of Yorkshire.
- Skipsea Chapel anniversary celebrations on Wednesday 11th March [2009?] at 7:15pm with a concert given by the Ad Hoc Singers of Driffield.
- The Orangery at Sewerby Hall and Gardens is to host The Ad Hoc Singers on Sunday, 8 July  at 2pm, as part of a regular concert appearance at the venue each year. The group of friends are a choir of three and will perform close harmony vocals of popular songs and traditional choral music, songs from the shows and some readings and poetry.
Conwy, Wales: the local Ad Hoc singers concerts
- The Colla Voce Singers of London (U.K.) have Ad hoc singers who deputise for concerts, corporate events and tours, and complement the choir when larger forces are needed.
- The Ad Hoc Chorale of Tramore, Waterford competed in the Cork International Choral Festival 2006 National Competitions.
- An American group of Ad Hoc Singers participated in the Berlin Festival of the Political Song in 1982. [Rote Lieder 12º Festival de la Juventud]
- Australia, Midsumma: Gay Australia Mass for St. Dorothy, the Patron Saint of Fruit.
- Melbourne, Australia: 11th Annual Tribute to St Cecilia, Saturday, Nov 23, 2002, 8.00pm, Auburn Uniting Church, 81 Oxley Rd, Hawthorn. Bruckner Mass in E minor, Bach Jesu Meine Freude, Other selected works.
- Midsumma's annual St Dorothy's Day Mass, St Agnes Church, 114 Booran Road, Glenhuntly. 6.30pm, Feb 7 (2004?). Music of Arvo Part and the Ad hoc Singers.
- Bruce Macrae of Melbourne, Australia admits to conducting the Ad Hoc Singers.
- Wendy Hughes Chuck of Melbourne, Australia tweets at 9:31 PM on Apr 11th [2009?] that she "Sang St Mark Passion on Good Friday with the Ad Hoc Singers. Now recovering from nightly rehearsals over the past week or so."
- ABC Classic FM (Australia's Classical Music Network) Sunday May 20, 2001 and Saturday 25 Dec, 2004
- Aqua Opera in Capetown, South Africa (April 2003 -- the
original link is dead (and it's a pay site anyway), but Google has a cached copy.)
- Cape Town Opera's world premier of Alfred Schnittke's Oratorio Nagasaki at the First Cape Town International Summer Music Festival, 8:00pm, Thursday 23 Nov 2006, City Hall.
current link already has new content)
- Ad Hoc Records label.
(Mostly contemporary, but they do list an album of 17th-century lute music
- commercial ad hoc – a 75-minute CD of sound samples from commercials.
(3 sample tracks on line, and I couldn't stand listening to 2 of them.)
Other Mentions of Our Group